How to make your own piping bag out of professional parchment paper is a great tip to learn, especially for the smaller quick jobs you need to do and don't want to use your everyday piping bag.
- Unroll baking parchment and fold the sheet into a triangle, then unfold. Cut along this crease so you’re left with a triangle of paper.
- Take one of the corner pieces and curl it under itself so the point meets the center.
- Repeat with the other corner piece to form a cone shape.
- Either snip off 1cm from the bottom of the cone and drop in a piping nozzle, or simply cut off a tiny end of the cone to pipe directly from the bag.
- To fill the bag neatly, stand it in a glass. Spoon your chocolate or icing in carefully, making sure not to overfill. Fold up to seal and your piping bag’s ready to use.
- Use pegs to hold your bag to start with till you get the feel and then you can just fold the opening and use your piping bag. do not scrunch your bag as you would with a normal bag. It will not work, and you will get yourself in a real mess.